Click here to visit Original posting
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Written in C++ using a pure Win32 API, Notepad++ provides greater performance and a smaller program size. It's true power, though, comes with its programming language syntax highlighting and the ability to customize the program as required by the particular users.
Furthermore, Notepad++ can be extended through the use of plugins that provide extra functionality or improvements to the existing features. For those looking for a versatile text editor and source code editor, you cannot go wrong with Notepad++.
The full list of features are:
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting and Folding
- PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expression) Search/Replace
- Customizable GUI
- Document Map
- Auto-completion: Word completion, Function completion and Function parameters hint
- Multi-Document (Tab interface)
- WYSIWYG (Printing)
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Macro recording and playback
- Launch with different arguments